About the Property
The old chapel was converted to recording studio in 1973, built to a very high standard and has been kept well maintained.
There are 4 separate spacious recording areas well laid out to maximise lines of sight between musicians and engineer.
The equipment (including an early SSL 6000, soffit-mounted Questeds and Steinweg grand, Neumann mics, Audicon echo plate etc.) will be available by separate negotiation.
The studio has 2 entrances of its own, separate to the house. One for the studio lounge & kitchen, the other for load access to the live rooms.
The studio has a separate machine room and also for storage it has attic space spanning the length of the building (where the vintage Audicon plate reverb is housed).
The house has 6 bedrooms, 4 of which have en-suite bathrooms.
There is also a family bathroom and a downstairs loo with wash basin.
There are 4 reception rooms with fireplaces. One opens to approx 1000 sq ft. of west facing garden. There are also a utility room and a small office with lots of natural light.
A hidden patio behind the house connects the studio entrance with the garden on the opposite side. This private patio area is good for the morning sunshine.
A stone’s throw from the studio is a pub (good food; carvery 7 days a week) that has been enjoyed by clients of the studio for years. The River Wye is popular with canoeists and the attractive landscape is great for walking & cycling.
The property is 10 mins from Hereford train station (just under 3hrs to Paddington).
London (M40) approx. 3hrs by car.